Tuesday, November 8, 2016

I'm With Her



I was trying to figure out what to say about today.  Election Day.  It's been a long slog of a campaign and I am so glad it's finally here (although it feels like it's been an eternity, it also feels like BOOM! It's suddenly here!).  And Randall Monroe said it perfectly (he writes the online comic XKCD). 

In the Grand Scheme of Things, one election cycle is not All Important and sometimes it can feel like it doesn't matter for whom you vote.  Just getting out there and casting your ballot makes your small voice become part of a larger one. 

This is my 20th Presidential Election.  I've voted for men who've lost and some who have gone on to win.  What I've never been able to do before was vote for a woman.  It feels like we're taking a giant leap forward to catch up with the rest of the world.

Image result for clip art vote
Is the woman candidate better just because she is a woman?  Of course not but she brings such a wealth of experience to the table and a different perspective.  I really like her "stronger together" ideas.  It takes all of us in our wondrous diversity to make a country that has an "open mind and a good heart".  When has a candidate EVER spoken of our country having a good heart?  Never in my experience.

This newly 59 year old woman can't wait to see how she'll work out. (yes, I am an optimist.  Why do you ask?)

No comments:

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...